Sunday, February 14, 2010

Southwest Chicken Salad

I know it’s Valentine’s Day and I should be posting something related…like the hearts I was supposed to have finished.  They are probably half way done.  We had a busy and productive day doing other things yesterday so I didn’t do much sewing.

But I figured I would at least post a really good salad that we had last week.  I was too hungry to take a picture of it, so you’ll have to look close at their picture.  Surprisingly the recipe is from Wonder Bread.  It popped up when I did a search on chicken and salad.  I highly recommend you try this….we’ll definitely do it again. 

Southwest Chicken Salad

I used pre-seasoned black beans instead of regular black beans, so no rinsing like they said.  We also went without the cheese and you couldn’t tell the difference.  I used red pepper instead of green.  And for the ranch dressing, I used a no-fat version using 2 cups no-fat plain yogurt, a ranch dressing seasonings packet, and 2 Tbsp dijon mustard.  To make it a little more southwestern, I added some of the chili seasoning to the dressing.

Okay I’m salivating now…enjoy! 

Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I'm excited to see the crafts you do. You are so talented! I wish I could see pictures of your trip Down Under (is that Australia or New Zealand)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the recipe page. Looks yummy! I think I just might have to try it (sans peppers or onions).

    ReplyDelete