Monday, October 20, 2008

Definitely not a clothing designer...

So I've been working on helping some teenagers make Halloween costumes...well, sort of. One of them showed me a picture of what she wanted to be for Halloween - some sort of wizard that wears a dress. I looked at it and thought we could figure out how to make it. She thought it would be easy. I thought it would be harder than she thought, but doable. Well, I've changed my mind. It's super hard and somehow needs to be doable because they need them for Saturday's "trunk or treat" event. I found patterns to use, but it's all piece-mealed and I keep having all sorts of snags in the process. Why does it have to be so difficult to get a higher neckline than the one the pattern comes with??? I can't be responsible for making a costume for the bishop's daughter with a plunging neckline and open back...though my thought is "it's just a costume." Oh well, I know he won't think so. I'm hoping tomorrow will be my turn at winning, since the costume, or rather fabric that doesn't look much like a costume, seems to have been the one to claim victory tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment