Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Has it been that long?

Everyday I re-load my own blog to see who has posted something new on their blog.  I suppose I could use some of that time to update my own!  My apologies go out to those who are as tired as I am of looking at the tent pictures on my blog.  I am alive, really I am!

May and June are always the craziest months of the year for me at work.  This year has been no exception.  I manage all the ordering, deliveries, and pickups of all the annual flowers for my company.  Flowers seem like such delicate and sweet little things.  It’s hard to believe that they are the reason I get so tired and sore!   

Anyway, here are some of the things we were up to in May:

We went to Utah for Mother’s Day weekend to help my Mom with re-doing her front flower bed.  Well, I mostly supervised from the side-lines since I ended up with the flu by the time we started planting.  So thank you Mom and Steph for your help and hard work!

 IMG_2488

IMG_2489

Our niece, Amelia, sported the cutest look for Jeremy and the camera.

IMG_2473

We went to a giant indoor, inflatable heaven with my awesome sister, nieces, and new nephew.  It was fun, but what a work out!

IMG_2432

Notice these super tall stairs for the best and biggest slide.  Lucy always wanted help getting up, so you can see Jeremy helping her up.  The girl in the white shirt was one of the teenage girls that the little girls kidnapped as their playmates. They were there for a birthday party and Amelia and Lucy each somehow picked a teen that they refused to go anywhere without.  What a great example that anyone can be a friend! 

IMG_2449

There was a lot of static…

IMG_2419

and drooling for more…

IMG_2441

and running for one more trip down a slide.

IMG_2390

But the weekend was definitely short and not long enough.  So back to Chicago we flew and the long days at work picked up once again.

But outside our front door the plants were getting ready for the summer sun.  (You knew I had to post pictures of plants, didn’t you?!)

IMG_2521

IMG_2522

And finally to the end of the month, during Memorial Day weekend, Jeremy marked off his list something he’s always wanted – a Harley Davidson motorcycle.  He had recently paid off his car, so we decided we could go ahead and invest in his summer dream.  Doesn’t he look so happy?

IMG_2506

I don’t think this fly was very happy!

IMG_2509

So the month flew by really fast, but I think we’re looking forward to a great summer.  At least the weather has proved so far that summer weather exists.  Last summer seemed a lot cooler, so it’s been great to have a lot of days over 80 so far.

Here’s to a great summer ahead!

(And no, we haven’t bought our tent yet, but I did find the one we want!)

3 comments:

  1. What a fun catch-up post, Kim! I'm glad you had such a good time with your family. The beds look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you're still alive! :) i can't believe how big amelia is. does steph have two or three girls/kids? crazy!

    looking at your pics made me miss you terribly. i can't believe it's been four years since we were roomies.

    ps - i like jd's moto! have you ridden on the back yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took our kids to one of those bounce and play things. They stayed for 5 1/2 hours! I was so worn out the next morning. My body ached in places I didn't even know I had. But it was so much fun. I could go there everyday. Your neices are way too cute. Are those Steph's kids?

    As for the Harley, you are way too nice of a wife. I told Mark after we got married that the risky days were over. No extreme sports, motorcycles, off road biking, etc. There were others in his life that now depended on him. Thankfully, he couldn't care less about those things so we were on the same page. I'm glad Jeremy's dream came true and hope he has a safe summer on his new toy!!!

    ReplyDelete