We are only days away from leaving on our first VERY LONG road trip. For some reason we thought it sounded like a good idea. But the more we’ve broken down the time it will take, the longer it seems. We haven’t even left yet! But the lastest way that Jd put it was this, “We will be taking 40 hours off of work to drive 60 hours.” Umm, yeah. Still excited for it, but I think that kind of drive will be a once-in-a-decade kind of trip.
The destination will definitely be worth it! We’re going to my family reunion like we had every year growing up. I haven’t been there in 8 years! Looking forward to sharing the time with Jd.
(Though he just now, seriously, just told me his coworker can lend us an electric fence in case there are bears…and are there cougars out there? I said, “Don’t worry, we’ll be okay”. And he said, “Didn’t you see the news?) So please don’t tell us if you see something in the wild.
or on the news.
But please wave if you see us drive by. Hugs are coming to all the family we will see very soon!
How exciting! I hope you have safe travels and a fun reunion.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!!!! I can't wait to see you!!!!! (But that IS a lot of driving...)
ReplyDelete