Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Swelling Buds

These are from the end of last week, but I always love watching buds swell up and open in the spring. So I will be trying to take a picture of these Linden buds every day until the leaves have come out. It's amazing how much they change every day! I love the miracle of life inside each little bud.

The first photo is from last Friday.



The second one is from yesterday. (Sorry I forgot to take the picture in the morning, so I had to adjust it so that you could see the detail in the buds.)



And this is a picture of a lonely Magnolia at my office that is showing all its glory! Isn't it beautiful with the blue sky behind it?! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad when all the trees are in bloom because I too love to watch the stages. I can't believe I'm commenting and to that fact getting excited and emotional about anything "plant like". :0) I'm turning into my mother. Oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Janae! I didn't know you were a plant sap. :) Just remember that you don't have to be your mother in order to love plants! (they just inspire you to love them on your own...) Who couldn't love the tiny little details packed in such small places?!

    ReplyDelete